" " I hate unmatched quotes, but I was being attacked by a slime, so here's the closing one. "- nosefish
In-game chat is the primary method of communication at MinecraftOnline, and the method for inputting server commands. The chat system at MinecraftOnline has multiple enhancements over the vanilla version of Minecraft.
Game chat at MinecraftOnline affords each player the right to express whatever opinion they wish about any topic they choose - we call this absolute free speech. To find out what this means in detail, see the free speech page.
- Admins' names appear in red
- Moderators' names appear in blue
- Donors are represented with a number of stars next to their name, depending on their rank.
- Messages in IRC appear in-game, and vice-versa.
- Messages from bots in IRC are in italic and prefixed with [BOT].
- Notifications of special events appear in chat:
- Messages in other languages may also be translated into English so people can understand what someone is saying.
- A chanop on IRC can use the command !toggle_translation language to toggle if the language will be translated or not.
How to use
Press t in game to open the chat window. Type. Press enter to send.
It's amazing how many people don't seem to understand this.
In-game chat is one of several methods of communication on MinecraftOnline, although it is the most obvious. Some players also use: