VoxelSniper, or Sniper for short, is a plugin for world editing at a distance.
On MinecraftOnline, use of Sniper is limited to admins.
- Arrow - replace the targeted block itself
- Sulphur - place a block on the targeted surface of the block you're facing
- /v <material> - set the material to place
- /vr <material> - set the material to replace for /b br and /b dr brushes. To build safely, use /vr 0 so it will replace only air and not existing blocks.
- /vd <data> - set the data value (aka damage value) for the material to place.
- /b <brush> - set the brush type. Brush types:
- /b s - sniper brush, the default. Only one block will be placed or replaced at a time.
- /b b - ball brush - a sphere of size radius will be placed at the selected point. This is dangerous - generally use ball replace (/b br) instead.
- /b br - ball replace brush - same as the ball brush above, but will only replace the material selected with /vr within the radius.
- /b d - disc brush - a disc the size radius will be placed at the selected point. Like ball brush, this is dangerous, and it's preferred to use disc replace (/b dr) instead.
- /b dr - disc replace brush - same as the disc brush above, but will only replace the material selected with /vr within the radius.
- /b m - monster brush. Creates a number of mobs at the selected point. Radius is number of mobs to spawn, /v setting is monster name (i.e. Zombie).
- /b <radius> - set the effect radius for ball and disc brushes. This needs to be specified as well as the brush type.
- /d - reset all settings to defaults.
- /u - attempt to undo the last action. Very rarely works - do not rely on this, it will often do even more damage.
Smooth floor / platform
Use /b dr, /b 3, /vr 0, /v glass in conjunction with the arrow tool. Repeated clicks on the edges of the existing platform. Can be used to quickly make a flat glass floating platform or something similar. Use this with water to smooth water over at a distance, or create new one-deep ponds, or to smooth over grass surfaces.
Quickly remove floating trees
Use /b br, /b 5, /vr log, /v0 with the arrow and click on a floating half-cut-down tree mess. This will take the logs out of them and the leaves will fall naturally.
- VoxelSniper is known to suffer from an occasional bug where the first click made after warping to a new location in fact takes effect at the player's previous location instead, often leading to all sorts of unpredictable damage at spawn, most notably the stone disc at spawn incident.
- Mitigation: perform a few clicks with ball-replace (/b br), set to replace air with air only (/vr 0 and /v 0) at the new location before beginning any more serious sniper work.