"Fly and say goodbye" - BadSyntax
- This page is about client modifications - changes to the Minecraft game client that alter its functionality or appearance. For non-standard features of the MinecraftOnline server, see Server Features.
The following modifications are allowed on the basis that they do not give the player using them any unfair advantage in the game over a player who does not have them installed.
- Improved Chat and similar chat mods that allow reordering or tab filtering of chat.
- Minimap mods that show an overview of the surrounding area from the sky,
- as long as they do not show anything that would not be ordinarily visible to the player, such as caves or nearby players and mobs - this includes radar maps such as Zan's Minimap.
- Mods that improve Minecraft performance or alter display, such as Optimine or Optifine, or texture packs.
- Inventory sorters and shortcuts such as Fastcraft
100% Disallowed Mods
Any mods that give the player any kind of advantage over another player who has a vanilla (unmodified) client, such as allowing them to travel in ways an unmodified client could not, or gather materials in ways that an unmodified client couldn't, or obtain information not available to someone with an unmodified client.
- Mods that allow you to fly or jump higher or run faster than usual, such as Flymod.
- "No-clip" mods that allow you to pass through walls or solid objects.
- Area damage mods that allow you to break blocks or attack players without clicking to hit them.
- Fast-build or fast-break mods that allow you to place or break more than one block at a time.
- X-Ray mods and transparent texture packs that permit the user to see through otherwise solid objects.
- Modifications that confer any kind of PvP advantage.
- Radar mods that show where players or mobs are, even if you would not otherwise be able to see them.
- Invincibility mods, including anything that reduces or removes fall damage, avoids combat attacks, or drops packets before they can reach the client.