Rome was not built in one day - Richard Taverner
"Megaproject" is a colloquial term for any construction project, usually buildings, the scale of which is considerably beyond the norm of player constructions. Megaprojects may be referred to as such for their sheer size, or the complexity, planning and difficulty involved in constructing them, or the challenge of obtaining rare materials for their construction. All megaprojects share one trait in common - they take a very long time to build, and may require contribution by many individuals.
What counts as a megaproject is highly subjective. Some buildings that may have been considered megaprojects earlier on in Freedonia's history (such as Pyramid)) may now seem run-of-the-mill, as construction techniques improve, and large-scale collaboration becomes easier to organise.
The below list is by no means intended to be exhaustive or complete. Contributors are encouraged to expand it as appropriate.
- Maze - modeled after the garden maze in The Shining, contains prizes in the centre.
- DrumCity - massive, walled off village-style city.
- UnderWorld - The best hole in the ground on the server.
- Menger Sponge - A fractal of planetary proportions.
- Giant Guitar - Exactly what it says on the tin. It's a giant guitar.
- Isle of Muu - series of expressive statues of Freedonia's admins
- Passive's Pyramid - A huge pyramid just outside spawn built over many years by PassiveFriendly
- Schloss Katzenstein
- Project Angel - A minecraft recreation of a lego model of the Stanford Angel, reaches from bedrock to sky limit.
- Project Anubis - A system of teleportation hubs, previously put on hold due to bugs, and augmented by the Freedonia Railway.
- Freedonia Railway System - A sprawling network of railways connecting major server landmarks. More "survivally."
- The Andromeda Ascendant
- XT No.1246