You can upload certain types of files to the MinecraftOnline wiki. This is particularly useful for uploading images, which you want to place on an article, but you can also upload other types of files.
Upload a file
- Prepare the file for upload. Make sure the file is exactly as you want it.
- In the sidebar, under “tools”, click “Upload file”.
- Click “Browse” next to the “Source filename:” to locate the file on your computer (the name of the “browse” button depends on your web browser).
- Change the “Destination filename:” to something descriptive, if necessary.
- Fill in the “Summary,” if necessary.
- Click the “Upload file” button.
If it is a large file, you may need to wait several seconds for the upload to complete.
Using Images and File Description Pages
After you've uploaded a file, you can use it in an article, with some special wiki syntax to create the link. See here for how to do this.
Your file gets its very own “file description page” within the File namespace of the wiki. You should edit this page to provide more information about the file.
List of files in the wiki
There are a number of special pages to help you view and manage files which have been uploaded. Go to “Special pages” (in the tools on the left) and then see...