Help:Creating a New Page
There are several ways to start a new page.
Before Creating a Page
- If you are creating a page with the name that was previously used but deleted, you will be alerted upon attempting to edit. You should not recreate the page unless you seriously understand what you are doing.
- Make sure the page title has the correct spelling, capitalisation, accents and supported special characters. It might be better to create a redirect page with the name using regular letters. For a detailed explanation, see Help:Style Guide.
Create a Page
If you (or anyone else) create a link on a page to an article that doesn't exist yet, the link will be coloured red, like this.
Clicking a red link will take you to the edit page for the new article. Simply type your text, click save and the new page will be created.
Once the page has been created, the link will change from red to blue (purple for pages you've visited) indicating that the article now exists.
From the Search Page
If you search for a page that doesn't exist (using the search box and “Go” button on the left of the page) then you will be provided with a link to create the new page.
It will say:
Create the page 'pagename'! There were no results matching the query.
Click the link and the editor will open.
Using the URL
You can use the wiki's URL to create a new page. The URL to an article in the wiki is usually something like this:
If you replace
ARTICLE with the name of the page you wish to create, you will be taken to a blank page which indicates that no article of that name exists yet. Clicking the "Edit" page tab at the top of the page will take you to the edit page for that article, where you can create the new page by typing your text and clicking Save changes.
Here are some of the page types in this wiki.
- Main pages - Most (if not all) pages such as settlements, buildings, events, etc., do not require special specifications. Just put the name of the content.
- Sub-pages - Translation, metagraphic, and other subordinary pages are created under a page. (e.g. Birthdays/stats)
- User pages - In the wiki, this type acts as a personal user page. Refer to Help:User Page for more.
- Help pages - These pages are made as a tutorial for using the wiki, not in-game, and its page name starts from
- Redirect pages - Clicking a redirect page will jump you to the specified page. There should be NOTHING within such pages aside from
#REDIRECT <article to jump>.