Jump to navigation Jump to search
CartLift in use on Phoenix Island
CartLift allows you to lift up or down mine carts on a rail.
- Rails used for CartLift must be placed onto an Orange Wool block -- this includes the cart origin as well as destination(s).
- The sign to activate the lift must be placed 1 or 2 blocks under the origin rail. It may be placed either on top of a block, or on the side of a block, it does not matter.
- The direction of the Sign matters!
- After the Lift the minecart will attempt to face the direction that the sign faced (the direction you face when you make the sign).
- If the Sign faces either direction of the destination rail, then it will successfully move in that direction, regardless of which direction the minecart was moving on the source rail.
- If the Sign faces perpendicular, but the source rail was parallel to the destination rail, then "inertia" will keep the cart moving in the same direction that it was already moving.
- If the source and destination are perpendicular, and the Sign faces opposite the direction of the destination rail, then the cart will come to a halt on the destination rail.
- The cart may be lifted up or down any number of blocks, there is no distance limit. (I think -- I tested this up to 30 blocks)
- The speed at which the cart is moving before it is lifted is the same speed it will be moving after.
- If the cart is moving very slowly, it will not be picked up by the lift. A slow moving cart can cross entirely over the Orange Wool block and still not be lifted.
- Third line (optional)
- The sorting option to sort carts to go up.
- Fourth line (optional)
- The sorting option to sort carts to go down.
- All - Directs all carts
- Unoccupied - Directs carts without entities inside (to include carts with hoppers, chests, furnaces, etc...)
- Empty - Same as Unoccupied
- Storage - Directs just Chest Minecarts
- Powered - Directs just Powered Minecarts
- Hopper - Directs just Hopper Minecarts
- TNT - Directs just TNT Minecarts
- Minecart - Directs just plain old minecart with or without riders
- Occupied - Directs minecarts that have an entity rider
- Full - Same as Occupied
- Animal - Directs minecarts with an animal rider
- Mob - Directs minecarts with a mob rider
- Player - Directs minecarts with a player rider
- #stationname - Directions minecarts that are set to stop at stationname with /st stationname
- If the station name on the sign has a * it can match multiple stations such as #batugus* will match batugus and batuguslabs
- NoStop - function unknown
- CTNS - Directs storage and hopper minecarts which are not empty
- !CTNS - Directs storage and hopper minecarts which are empty
The following options use extra item information to sort carts. That information is id:quantity@damage where quantity and damage are optional.These options may also be inverted using ! after the option name and before the information (ie: Held:!1)
- Held - Directs minecarts who's player is holding a given item, NONE can be used in place of item info
- INV - Directs minecarts who's player have a given item in their inventory
- SCI - Directs storage and hopper minecarts which have a given item in the first slot of their inventory
- SCI+ - Same as SCI but checks entire inventory
The following options use extra information to sort carts. These options may also be inverted using ! at the start of the extra information (ie: Group:!admins)
- Group:<groupname> - Directs carts with players of a specified group
- Ply:<playername> - Directs carts with a player who's name matches (name must be short enough to fit on the same line)
- Plym:<partialname> - Directs carts with a player who's name contains the given string
- Cart:<cartname> - Directs named carts whos name matches
- Cartm:<partialcartname> - Directs named carts whos name contains the given string
This sign will allow the minecart to go up only.
[CartLift] Empty all
This sign will allow Empty minecarts to go up and the rest to go down.