Jump to navigation Jump to search
MinecraftOnline features a "live", scrollable and zoomable autogenerated map of Freedonia based around the Google Maps api.
- Textured from the official texture pack, zoomable to "actual size" where the full details of individual blocks can be discerned
- Toggleable markers overlaid on the map:
- Leaves and grass are shaded according to biomes
- Accurate shadows and lighting
- Switchable between day and night mode
- We have chosen not to use the MapMarkers plugin which would show player locations in realtime - although it would be possible on this map, it was felt that it would pose an excessive risk to player privacy.
- The map is composed of 124,614 PNG tiles on 11 levels, at the time of writing.
- The map display data occupies 43GB at the time of writing.
- If the map were to be printed at maximum zoom, at screen resolution (72dpi), its horizontal width would be approximately 138 metres (453ft) - the equivalent of 317 widescreen 19" monitors side by side!
- The biome display actually requires the server to run a modified minecraft client just to extract the minecraft data from the map, as this information is procedurally generated in the client and not actually stored anywhere in the map data itself.
- The center of the live map is at x=199 y=64 z=-184 but also can be gotten using x=7 y=256 z=8. See Convert Map Coordinates for more info.