MinecraftOnline has a great number of modifications over the vanilla Minecraft server, and as such maintains a large custom codebase. Occasionally, as with any code, bugs crop up. To make the process of locating these bugs and fixing them easier, MinecraftOnline maintains a list of bug trackers for each component of its software.
The issue tracker
The developers of MinecraftOnline encourage players to report any and all bugs they encounter. To encourage timely reporting of bugs, vote tokens will be award to bugs players find based on the bug's severity.
Before you report a bug, search on the GitLab issue tracker to make sure it has not already been reported. If you see that a bug report for your issue already exists, it is encouraged that you provide any new information you can for it.
Next, please make sure you are actually reporting a bug. Feature requests, suggestions about server builds like spawn and the rules hall, and problems with wiki pages do not belong on the bug tracker. If you have concerns like those, please send an email with your thoughts to email@example.com instead. Similarly, we do not accept bugs involving your client, unless you suspect these issues being caused by the server (for example, texture glitches in Optifine are client-side.) If you are unsure, make the bug report and allow the developers to make that determination. They don't bite!
How to report bugs
To report a bug, please post in the catch-all issue tracker or if the correct issue tracker listed below if you know what is causing the bug, making sure to include all relevant details:
- Your in-game username
- What were you trying to do at the time
- What you expected to happen
- What did happen
- Any error messages received, in full
- One or more screenshots, if possible
- Whether the problem recurs, or was a one-off
- What steps you can take to reproduce the problem
Using labels, each issue can be set to a priority, please mark them appropriately following these guidelines:
- blocker: the server cannot run without fixing this, it can't even start
- critical: this causes the server to crash, or to be completely unplayable in one way or another
- major: negatively affects the player experience for an appreciable number of players
- minor: affects some player experience some of the time, but not all the time or not all players
- trivial: if this was never fixed, most people would never even notice
Please include any other labels you think are relevant. A developer will double-check your work, so don't be too concerned about getting it right.
After the report
A developer will try to confirm an issue after it is reported. Then it will be moved to the specific project that the bug involves. It is at this point that you will be awarded vote tokens if applicable.Please watch your issue to see if the developer handling it or other users ask you questions! Many minor bugs will not be immediately prioritized, so don't be surprised if fixing the bug takes some time.
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/sponge-update is the one general issue tracker.
The following specific bug trackers are available for issues connected with individual plugin components. If you know what component your bug is caused by, please post directly on the issue tracker for that component below. Otherwise, use the catch-all issue tracker above.
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/borderlands/issues - For issues related to the world borders
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/craftbook-extra/issues - For issues related to Craftbook
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/exec/issues - For issues relating to Exec
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/fishyshield/issues - For issues related to some environmental protection--see FishyShield
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/heal/issues - For issues related to the /heal command
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/hermes/issues - For issues related to chat colors, prefixes, chat-related commands, and the like
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/lionsshop/issues - For issues related to LionsShop
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/minecraftgift/issues - For issues related to the MinecraftGift plugin
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/overviewer/issues - For issues related to the Live Map
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/penguindungeons/issues - For issues related to PenguinDungeons
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/lwc/issues - For issues related to LWC (Issue tracker currently isn't public, report issues to the Sponge Update issue tracker)
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/scripts/issues - For issues related to server scripts (like /tr, /wilderness, etc.)
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/web-content - For issues with the website and control panel
The following bug trackers are for internal administration; you are unlikely to encounter bugs with them directly but they are listed here for completeness:
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/commandon/issues - For issues related to CommandOn
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/griefalert/issues - For issues related to grief prevention
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/frontex/issues - For issues relating to player bans
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/nope/issues - For issues with zone permissions
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/prism/issues - For issues with the MCO fork of Prism
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/spark/issues - For issues related to performance profiling
- https://gitlab.com/minecraftonline/web-scripts/issues - For issues with the website backend
If a bug is not associated with any specific plugins or exec extensions, but does not occur in vanilla, it may be a bug in Sponge. Reporting issues here should be considered a last resort, unless a developer is confident that it really is Sponge at fault.
- https://github.com/spongepowered/SpongeAPI/issues - issues related to the Sponge API
- https://github.com/spongepowered/Sponge/issues - issues related to the Sponge server mod
- https://github.com/spongepowered/SpongeVanilla/issues - issues related to the 1.12.2 SpongeVanilla server mod