What's under the pumpkin?
|Known as||Scampi, Clownshrimp (only used by Aziroeth!)|
|Occupation||Curator, Traveller, Builder|
|First joined||22 November 2018|
|First building||Remote storage unit|
|Donor level||* Donated|
|View profile and statistics|
Scampi_ Joined MCO after getting sucked deep into a vortex of Minecraft videos, and stumbling across a video documenting the server after a years-long hiatus from MP. He wasn't sure if and for how long he'd stay after he joined, but after being given a spawner, a written book, and diamond starting kit moments after arriving, he figured he'd found something special.
His next course of action was to pour over the wiki, overhead map, rule list, and every official piece of news he could find. How interesting this place was, and how delightfully well-documented! While he never settled on an idea of what to do with himself until much later, he did have one immediate goal; build a storage unit in a remote, hidden location to house the rapidly-expanding mass of items he was accumulating.
Scampi_ knew only theft and looting, avoiding contact with other players and taking every single item that wasn't nailed down. He became intimately familiar with the transport infrastructure of Freedonia, using it to plot the most efficient route from place-to-place. In his travels, Scampi_ saw many of the great attractions, buildings, and cities of the land, and realised it would be madness to try and learn it all.
As his stockpile of resources swelled, Scampi_ decided he needed to do something with it. His first plans were for a deathtrap-maze-dungeon near spawn, but that eventually fizzled out when it became clear the area could get wiped partway through building by both griefers and local land resets. While the land-resets never came, Scampi_ had already thought of a better idea.
NECROPOLIS was first born out of a need to 'spend' the overflowing chest-fulls of tools, resources, and building supplies packed into a woollen room at the bottom of the ocean. But as the build progressed, Scampi_ got into his stride and started developing all manner of interesting ideas to pack into the circular area he was clearing out. His end goal was to produce a highly unique town where everything inside could be entertaining, mysterious, and even dangerous. The successful realisation of this idea is now for visitors to judge.
Around the same time he decided to build a town, Scampi_ also decided he absolutely had to build a museum. A by-product of his earlier 'harvesting runs', where he stole with zero discrimination, Scampi_ had inadvertently collected a decent number of promotional artefacts, player heads, glitched items and blocks, and written books. After seeing the Freerdonia Museum, it was decided that another glorious display needed to be built. Scampi_ has acquired a sponge and all is good in the world.
After firmly establishing and fortifying himself with his base of operations, Scampi_ expanded his influence gradually by trading with and befriending other players, taking on other build projects either as commissions or maintenance of existing builds, learning about the servers history by collecting and studying his museum artefacts, and trying to improve the wiki.
Sometime around when Scampi_ was promoted to Moderator, he found less and less time to go exploring and looting like he used to, and instead settled down into his myriad of ongoing build projects. That combined with puzzling through Password Chest Hunts with Aziroeth, and performing regular mod duties, now occupies 99% of his time in Freedonia. Outside of the game, he still continues to perform research and help with documenting history on and improving this wiki.
- Newton's Apple Special town
- The Iron Thresher 230m long voidship, schematic exterior 100%, interior 60%
- Tenements for Project Eros
- Various map arts
- MCO Survival Guide 2nd edition
- Renovation of The Vaults of Zin 60%
- Rebuild of the Nether Highway System Will occur after the Nether Update
- Renovation of the Great Vera Highway 90%
- The Freedonian Public Archive for Phoenix Isles Structure and detailing 100%, book displays 50%
- Freedonia Railway System connection for NECROPOLIS Excavation 100%, detail 75%
- Old Eden alongside Aziroeth 100% terraform, 80% vegetation, 25% structural
- Map art documentation and refurbishment/completion of existing map art
- Making space in The Canvas 95%
- NECROPOLIS and related structures
- THE CATHEDRAL OF SIN Build contest entry, 3rd place
- Sewer system for New Eden
- Scampi's Spawn Dispenser
- God Emperor Riot statue Build contest entry, 3rd place
- Medieval village for Tenrou
- MCO Survival Guide and other books
- Space Marine Flippeh statue MCO Banhammer 40k
- Santa's Workshop Build contest entry, judges pick for Winter Theme
- Spawn Banner Gallery
- Traversing the land
- Unique and rare items
- Hoarding and meticulously organising
- Unique and interesting builds
- Fine detail work
- When people take the time to lock all their chests
- Azure rows
- Getting stuck in the floor in the Nexus
- Opening a chest in your vault and having a mini-heart attack when the items take longer than a second to load in
- Builds that are little more than tacky displays of wealth
- Large builds with a detailed exterior, but an empty, hollow core
- Falling into the void
- Book burning
Truth-Facts about Scampi_
- If you see him the wild, he will NOT attack you. He has surprising patience for attempts on his life
- He wants you to give him things for his museum
- Give him things for his museum
- Be on the lookout for the NECROPOLIS home lottery for your chance to win a FREE house!
- He writes long, joyful tales about various holidays. Try to pick up a copy!
- Scampi was banned long ago. Tales of his adventures were long forgotten, until recently... Scampi_ will still hunt him down and claim his soul.
- His head is unobtainable unless you are the Chosen One...
I've seen many things.