- For the exclusive dungeon plugin for MinecraftOnline that makes the below features possible, see PenguinDungeons.
If you are looking for a feature in vanilla Minecraft that spawn structures underground, see Dungeon [Minecraft Wiki]
The structure you are looking for may not be a dungeon; see Mineshaft [Minecraft Wiki] or Stronghold [Minecraft Wiki].
There are two types of Dungeon features in MinecraftOnline. This page lists all the Dungeons that are/were available exclusively to the server.
A comprehensive list of constant and event dungeons
Permanently playable dungeons
Ender Dragon fight
- Added to the regular fight on 1 November 2021
- Location: The End
- A sizeable modification to the regular Ender Dragon boss fight to add an unique challenge to MCO
Features of this dungeon
- Dragons will drop an elytra upon death.
- Using different kinds of crystals will change the kind of dragon and pillar material.
- Using four Terrain Crystals will spawn a Terrain Dragon with dirt and podzol pillars.
- Using four Metal Crystals will spawn a Robot Dragon with polished andesite pillars.
- Using four Snowflake Crystals will spawn an Ender Dragon and four Frost Golems with packed ice pillars.
- This will also cause it to rain or snow in parts of Freedonia where that can happen.
- Using four Chocolate Crystals will spawn an Ender Dragon and four Power Paws with brown concrete pillars.
- Using four Spooky Crystals will spawn an Ender Dragon and four Pumpkings with nether brick pillars.
- Introduced on 2 January 2022
- Location: The End -> Gateway Blue (G)
Main feature to this dungeon being its wide variety of shulkers, each with unique drop tables, projectile effects, and even colours!
Delta City Disaster
- Introduced on 23 October 2022
- Halloween extension available during 23 October - 2 November 2022
- Halloween extension returned during 7 October - 1 November 2023
- Location: Delta City
Delta City has been overrun by zombies! Explore the city and fight off the different kinds of zombies.
This dungeon is all about zombies. It is permanently active at Delta City after a decade of inactivity when staffs have finally filled in vacant plots and populated the place with zombies. Be aware of aggressive giants suddenly appearing as they squash those at its footing.
Features of this dungeon
Mob spawners in Delta City spawn custom zombies that spawns in the dungeon.
- Broken vanilla Giants were given the proper AI they should had for the game, and now “attack” players.
- The previously unobtainable Zombie Horses can now be legitimately tamed, and brought to player’s homes. Zombie dogs cannot however.
- Mobs can spawn under any light level / block condition; usually wolves would need grass and husks would need sky light.
- <Halloween only> The Pumpking boss can be summoned by giving a nether star to a zombie wearing pumpkin.
- Both the Pumpking boss and Giants should be attacked by bow and arrows.
- Pumpking, like Withers will fly when over half health but then go close to the ground and be invulnerable to projectiles when under half health.
- Giants will likely kill you if you get too close to them.
- Improved the compatibility between mob spawners and PenguinDungeons thus allowing for a dungeon without a necessary activation method
- Upon its original release, some mobs had their drop chances set too low. Notable ones would be the Ninja and Dog drops, as they were 10x rarer than the Shulker Ranch's shulker head drops. (I blame Void42_)
- Void42_, in all their kindness and addiction enabling skills, has challenged players to collect at least 3 double chests of the Giant's sword within 1 year, with the promise of an even more special item to be added in the next dungeon if there is success.
- Pride sheep are available in this dungeon only during June.
- Location: The Hive
Bees, slimes, and Pride Sheep with collectable and decorative item drops are available in this dungeon. They spawn in the honey combs around the maze-like dungeon.
All mobs could be spawned by using a crystal placed on the block of obsidian in one of the combs.
Event dungeons throughout the ages
- Held during Halloween season 2021 between 30 October to 1 November
- Location: Farm
- First full implementation of PenguinDungeons
Features of this dungeon
A wide variety of halloween themed mobs including witches, skeletons, and bees?? (invisible mobs wearing custom Angry Bee heads)
This dungeon’s mobs dropped unique halloween items such as the Pumpkin Pail, Manuka Honey and both the regular and angry variants of bees as custom heads, in addition to both varieties of the Spooky Pumpkins also obtainable in the hourly gift system.
This dungeon did not use actual loot tables for its mobs, but used the mob’s armour and hand slots to store their unique drops.
The Fight Before Christmas
- Held during Christmas season 2021 between 9 December to 31 December
- Returned during Christmas season 2022 from 17 December to 27 December
- Returned during Christmas season 2023 from 1st December to 27 December
- Location: Winterthorn
Features of this dungeon
This dungeon had a variety of special mobs to fight which would include new varieties of Snowmen, Penguins (zombies fitted out to appear as penguins) and even Polar bears!
This dungeon would include special snowflake items which would drop commonly from the mobs, maybe even a little too commonly as some might say, as well as a "unique" penguin head drop.
This dungeon would see its activation with the use of /dungeon Winterthorn.
A new Frost Golem miniboss was added, summoned by using a Snowflake Crystal at one of four locations in Winterthorn.
Snowflake Crystals were crafted with a Snowflake Block (from four Snowflakes) and eight ice blocks.
This dungeon would see the implementation of proper loot tables for the unique mob drops, however, due to error on Void42_'s part, he would end up making the Snowflakes drop rate too high, thus resulting in players acquiring literal double chests worth of Special Snowflakes. This error would be later fixed before the end of the event.
- Held during March 2022
- Location: Nexus Borderlands Hubs
- 24 total hubs + final dragon fight at Nexus Central
Terrain dragons approached a random ruined Borderland hub at a random time. Once one was approaching and after a short cooldown players could start the dragon fight with /dragon summon <hub> nearby the hub.
Upon defeating the dragon the borderlands hub was restored and became functional. Only the player who got the final hit on the dragon kill could pick up the items dropped by it. They dropped 1-2 Terrain Dragon Eyes, a dragon head, and an elytra.
An additional dragon eye is given to the player to use /dragon claim <hub> at the location after the dragon is defeated. And nearby players were given Petrified Soil.
The final dungeon at Nexus Central involved 4 outer dragons and one central dragon.
Easter Bunny Bash
- Held during Easter 2022
- Location: Easter Bunny Bash
Killer Easter bunnies with collectable item drops were available in this dungeon.
Dungeon mobs are spawned by using a crystal in the middle of the arena.
Tour of Terror
- Held during August 2022
- Location: Historical tour and Extended tour locations
- 23 different locations from across the server history
Similar to the Petrification but instead Terrain Dragons there were more powerful Robot dragons with new attack types. Robot Dragons were equipped with fireballs, dragon breath, laser bullets, lightning, and a tractor beam. All attacks (excluding lightning) gave the levitation effect. They were progressively defeated at each tour location. Upon the use of the claim command after dragon defeat, the tour pads at that location became activated and allowed teleporting to the next tour location.
The dragons dropped 1-2 Robot Dragon Eyes, a dragon head, and an elytra. Players who participated in the dragon fight were given 1-3 Scrap Metal.
A Focusing Lens was given to the player who used /dragon claim <location>.
- Held during April 2023
- Location: Easter Valley
Killer Easter Bunnies with collectable item drops were available in this dungeon. They spawn in the caves around the dungeon.
Additional Easter Bunnies and new Cake mobs could be spawned by using a crystal in the middle of the arena.
A Power Paws bunny boss could be summoned by using a candy carrot on a brown Easter Bunny (10% of Easter Bunnies). This boss would throw eggs and jump to players. As well as launching them in to the air with a melee attack.
The boss could rarely drop a Lucky Bunny Paw, which gave the wearer +1 Luck. Wearing this item can increase the chance of obtaining an item drop from other dungeon mobs.
- Held during February 2024
- Location: Forêt d'amour
The Valentine's themed dungeon, featuring Cupids, Love sprites, Loving zombies called Enthralled, and Love bugs. Crystals are used to spawn in the mobs of this dungeon.
To summon the Cupid boss, you must use the Forgotten Words item dropped from normal dungeon enemies on the Lost Cupids that spawn in once a crystal is used. alternatively, you may also use a Completed promise on the wandering Cupid to transform it into a villager that will trade items for Love letters, dropped from regular enemies and the dungeon boss.