This is a quick page to show you how to set up for streaming on MCO Radio.
- First you should download Winamp at: http://www.winamp.com/media-player
and install it.
- Next, download 'Shoutcast DSP Plug-in for Winamp' at: http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools
and install it.
- Now, if it isnt already running, start Winamp and then go into preferences (right click in the Winamp window then click "Options" then click "Preferences" or you can hold the "CTRL" button then press "P".
- On the left, go down to "Plug-ins" then click: "DSP/Effects".
- Select "Nullsoft SHOUTcast Source DSP v2.2.3" this should open a new window.
- In the "Output" tab, under "connection", input the following settings:
- Make sure Automatic reconnection is ticked, as is Use SHOUTcast v1 mode.
- Go to the "Encoder" tab, make sure Encoder Type is "MP3 Encoder" and Encoder Settings is "128kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo"
- Next, on the top tabs, go to "Input", and check that it says "Winamp (Recommended)" under the Input Device.
Once all this is done, you can put together a playlist, and start broadcasting.
- Address: radio.minecraftonline.com
- Port: 8000
- Password: see below
To broadcast, click the "Connect" button in the SHOUTcast settings window. to Disconnect when finished, click the "Disconnect" button.
If you find you have problems or people are complaining its stuttering or buffering a lot, turn down the quality in the Encoder Settings to something like "96kbps, 44100Hz, Stereo". Although it's not as good quality as the 128kbps settings, it's manageable and better than no stream at all!