One Diamond Plaza
|One Diamond Plaza|
View of One Diamond Plaza
|Size north to south||80m|
|Size west to east||80m|
In the beginning, there was spawn. And it grew laggy due to the concentration of many shops, signs, and redstone devices. One fine day several of the server staff members put their heads together to try to do something about all this lagginess at spawn, and decided that if we built it, they would come. And by "it" they meant a super mall. Not just a super mall, but the One Mall, one mall to rule them all! Sorta like the One Ring, but without all those grubby little Hobbits. Oh, and no invisibility. Gollum is cool though, he can still come by the One Mall...
Anyhow, these intrepid staff players, aided by a certain God donor who shall remain nameless (not for any privacy or humility reasons, just because it sounds cooler that way), began to plan and build. Over the course of Labor Day Weekend (it's a US holiday, look it up), they um, well... labored... tirelessly until something truly wondrous emerged. After that thing passed, they returned to work on the mall.
At the end of the weekend, this tired little group looked with wonder upon their creation. What were they wondering? Most likely they were wondering why they wasted their three day weekend playing Minecraft obsessively, but that is beside the point. They saw before them an epic structure, 10 levels, 78 shop spaces, stretching from bedrock to the clouds. Realizing that there was no way they could possibly make it bigger without doing more work, they decided to leave it.
And so was born One Diamond Plaza - The One Mall. Are malls born? Maybe Hatched? Whatever, that's how it got to where it is at any rate...
Under a cliff overhang southwest of One Diamond Plaza is the site of one of Krenath's old homes. Now only a minecart marking its old position, Krenath moved out when SlowRiot suddenly built a Nexus immediately next door.
The NEW Diamond Mall
On January 2, 2014, the original Diamond Mall was destroyed, and a new one was erected in its place. The new mall was no longer cylindrical, but, rather an odd geometric pattern, somewhat resembling a cloud. It was a new era in Minecraft malls, a brilliant feat. The content of old shops was brought to a platform high above the warp, for players to grab their old shops.
- All shops are individually protected by LionsArea, meaning that your shops cannot be griefed!
- A beautiful garden in the center of the mall, with bridges on the upper floors to get from one side of the mall to the other
- Monochromatic bands in the outside edge of the mall, made with Red Stained Clay, which looks really cool!
- No more underground! The mall is entirely above ground
- Much, much more
- Red Level
- Orange Level
- Yellow Level
- Lime Level
- Green Level
- Cyan Level
- Light Blue Level
- Blue Level
- Purple Level
- Magenta Level
NB: Names of shops may not actually be what the owners named them.
Rules and Information
- Diamond Plaza is managed by the server staff (admins)
- Stalls are available for lease by the public
- Each stall has a 10 diamonds deposit
- Contact an admin for more detail on the lease of stalls
- To lease multiple stalls you must have enough goods
- Stalls are leased on a first come first serve basis
- Unused or abandoned shops will be packed up
- Deposits will be returned when you move or are packed up
- Abandoned shops forfeit their deposits
- Stall lease includes the same space on the chest level below
- All stores must be used for shops of some kind
- Remember to lock your chests
- Deceptive shops or those that break the rules will forfeit their deposits
- Players may remodel stalls within certain limits:
- Lease holders of adjacent stalls may remove internal walls
- Glowstone dividers shall not otherwise be removed
- Default walls (sandstone and wool) can be removed
- The main floor can be edited
- The ceiling and the chest level floor cannot be touched
- All redstone and other chests must be contained by your area
- You may build walls on your chest level
- You may not block the walkway with blocks or signs
- Drathus42 (legacy)
- Edessa (legacy)
- Shintyx (legacy)
- shypixel (legacy)
- Tank_AUT (legacy)
- xxVegasxx (legacy)
- zfleming1 (legacy)
Advertising on IRC
Shypixel has joined #minecraftonline Shypixel hello zfleming1 has joined #minecraftonline zfleming1 Morning Folks Shypixel so I am operating under the assumption that everyone now knows about One Diamond Plaza Shypixel and also that it is full now of shops zfleming1 I do shy but for the sake of others tell me more! Shypixel Well, you did know that the flea market is closing, as well as all the big spawn shops? Shypixel So where might you buy things you wonder zfleming1 I do wonder! zfleming1 Where could I go?! Shypixel It so happens that One Diamond Plaza just opened its doors zfleming1 Wow! Shypixel not only is it the largest shopping structure in freedonia, it also makes use of orange wool Shypixel which automatically makes it cool zfleming1 Orange wool! ooooooooooooo fancy! Shypixel now, you might be asking yourself, "Self, how do I get to One Diamond Plaza?" zfleming1 "How do I?!" Shypixel all you have to do is type /warp DiamondMall zfleming1 AMAZING!