View of the city from High Hill
|Contributors|| Darkerfly |
What is Newport?
Welcome to Newport! Newport is a large city founded by snakyman that is located in the June 2020 southwest expansion. Originally known as Project 42, the city was founded by the day after the expansion. The plan was to create the largest city in Freedonia, with the help of many people designing their own districts. The city tries to strike a balance between functional minecraft city and cool looking realistic city. For full list of our automatic farms, see the page Newport Industrial District. It is a part of the United States of Bedrocco. Despite being very far out in the map, there is a canal there and it is accessible via the Newport Route. You can get here through nexus light blue (southwest) 1, as well as, Newport Highway from HyperRoute 15 and Ellandria. From Jibtopia along HyperRoute 10 and ChivalricCode's Loop Road. There are residential zones, and an industrial zone with many farms - read more below.
The idea of Newport was started by snakyman, recently unbanned, KingServal, witchy1000 and Markrafter9 in May 2020 when they realized that there was a lack of towns being created in MCO at the time. They believed it to be due to every new player in the server at the time being pressured to join New Eden. The plan was to have multiple people running their own district of the city, almost like multiple mayors, to run the city and attract more attention. They wanted it to be a community build, not something planned out and built by the creators of the city. The group called this city 'Project 42' and began looking for a spot.
Finding a Spot
The June 2020 Expansion happened soon after this plan was made (some believe the expansion was inspired in part due to the requests of new land to build a large city by this group). Many people began exploring the land before it was even visible on the online map, snakyman among this group. snakyman wanted to quickly find an area with flat land and some water nearby to begin construction. He found a decent spot and built a little sandstone pillar there to mark the spot. This pillar still exists today!
snakyman began finding players to help landscape the area. Many were teleported, but most had to take the long trek down from Drocata Swamp. A nether road was eventually made from Drocata. The first thing built was the double roads coming from the docks in the city center. Small skyscrapers started popping up there (but are nothing compared to the ones in the city elsewhere nowdays).
Remember the other original planners talked about in the 'origins' section? None of them were active or helped build the city at all so snakyman became the de facto mayor of the city. Around this time, Darkerfly built a house on the extreme hills biome next to the city. snakyman knew that if another settlement was built there, it would be an impediment to progress, so he invited Darker to join the city. This created the first districts, the City Center, snaky's area, and High Hill, Darkerfly’s area. Snaky later created more districts and appointed leaders to them.
Newport quickly became the hub of the southwest, which it still is today. The city was the only nexus in the far southwest, and served as a lifeline for every other city and settlement in the region. Pretty much every settlement in the area stemmed from Newport. There are probably at least a dozen outgoing road, nether road, boat or rail connections. This allowed for easy access for new cities to grow. The city has maintained being one of the most (or the most) active cities in the server consistently for over a year, which few settlements have been able to do.
To make permissions simpler, because MCO's permission rules are very specific, and Newport is complicated, this is how the permissions are laid out:
- snakyman is the 'owner' of all the roads, unclaimed plots, city staff operations, and claimed areas for the city. snakyman extends permissions to these to the city staff.
- High Hill is in a joint ownership between snakyman and Darkerfly, but mainly darker as he founded it and built most of it. High Hill is not sovereign.
- District leaders are subject to promotion/demotion by snakyman (except for Darkerfly, unless High Hill is separated from Newport as well).
- Plot owners are given plots, but will need to place a sign specifying that they give unconditional permissions to the plot to the town staff.
These rules are still in effect and work very well!
Newport City staff by order of promotion, the district they are in charge of, and their staff rank.
- snakyman - Mayor
- Darkerfly - High Hill, General Staff
- Martin19_12 - New Bielefeld, General Staff
- DorpEngineer - Industrial (banned staff - helps plan and maintain industrial builds from creative server)
- r9q - General staff
- IconPippi - Swamp District, (banned staff)
- Becsultan - General staff
- runarlogi - City Helper
- frisout - Battersea, City Helper
- AdoreKitten - General staff
On the 11th of August 2020, a huge lag issue occur at Newport where players were barely able to move in certain chunks where fps drop to extremely low and almost freeze the player movement. Admins investigated the problem by trying to remove the tree farm and even the river but nothing worked. Therefore the name of Lagport was born.
< Drdrs> Petition to rename Newport to Lagport
- The fps drop issue was fixed on the 17th of August, the reason was discovered that the lava drop in SanityBGon's tower accidentally worked as a lag machine which caused the whole lagport thing. And when the lava drop was removed the lag has disappeared and Newport turns back to normal. Even though the issue has long gone the name Lagport and still being joke around by players when they face lag in Newport.
2021/02/15: Newport was mass addition griefed by an unknown player using over 3000 cobblestone and scaffold hacks. The grief was discovered the next day. The griefer could not be identified at first, but later, Ted1246 checked the grief logs and banned Sigmay for griefing. This ban was quickly reverted, as it was found to be a mistake. SurvivorDan2019, who turned out to be SailBird, a former moderator who ban evaded and was modded on two more accounts, and utterly fucked snakyman's other towns was found responsible for the mass cobblestone grief and was banned by The_Jackal_249. This was one of the biggest griefs on MCO, however, when Admins appeared, all the cobblestone was removed and the whole city restored. This grief was nothing compared to what snakyman had to deal with in Snaketown and New Snak City.
Newport staff occasionally hosts holiday parties! Maybe we will put more detail about past ones but from now on we will put more detailed descriptions of new events. They usually take place at Newport's party island in the swamp district.
Newport Easter Event 2022: Crucifixion!
snakyman released this message in the Newport discord at 12:35 AM EST:
Newport crucifixion event @everyone ! tired of fake religious fake easter bunny and gay ass eggs? come crucify jesus!
The event proceeded, gamerTM1234 played jesus, and players put him up on a cross at party island!
This is a list of people who have built something in the city, or purchased a condo or house, and what they built. List is incomplete, we forget to add people sometimes. Roughly in order of date joined.
- snakyman - Mayor, Founder, built many things in the city and essentially planned all of it.
- AlphaAlex115 - Penis Tower & Sexy Condos owner
- smaugthegreat107 - Woodbury Condos builder
- bcMineOut - Penis Tower condo owner
- stanchristiaan - Universal Condos
- Anna_28 - Chicken shop & Phoenix Isles Embassy
- NightIsLight06 - Condo owner
- Martin19_12 - New Bielefeld builder
- upha - Condo owner
- 6stooges - Condo owner
- Raflamar - Plot & condo owner
- Frosty_Diamonds - Plot owner
- Faraday1056 - Condo owner
- Slime_tiger - Salami & Penis Precinct
- Freskooo - Plot owner
- TheZebuQueen - Condo owner
- DorpEngineer - Industrial district owner, builder
- raze97 - Builder in many districts
- aliensexist69 - Strip club builder
- Darkerfly - High hill district owner
- TheHardNar - Condo owner
- Void42_ - Plot builder
- r9q - General town staff, Help with many skyscrapers
- Jaws18301 - Condo owner & helper
- Cwoxony - High Hill builder
- OddestUnder - Condo owner
- xDrdrs76 - Condo owner
- BaldObama - Condo owner
- Fireandice50 - Condo owner
- Beeraeka - Condo Owner
- ChivalricCode - High Hill Builder
- HY_Turkic - Plot Owner
- Aziroeth - High Hill builder
- Dexus_2010 - High Hill builder
- IconPippi - Swamp district leader, Spiral Tower builder, planned and contributed to the Cheese Grater
- KadenNinja - High Hill builder
- clyler2 - High Hill builder
- TheDemetri - house moved from Verico
- Becsultan - Luxury Apartments quad plot owner
- Hazard_The_Great - plot owner
- HDiddy1982 - condo owner
- Mechman007 - condo owner
- Behrologist - condo owner
- 4untochrist - High hill builder
- SanityBGon - Condo owner and builder
- ShiaLaBeouf666 - Condo owner
- Otis_Wong - Condo owner
- Leah_Starcraft - Condo owner
- TTuge - Condo owner
- BrostrodYT - Condo owner
- Xanax_Dealer - Condo owner
- doggo_swimmer19 - High Hill Builder
- Datasnake_ - Condo owner
- Victorrasetti - Condo owner
- yourshadowdr - High Hill builder
- StarMarine201722 - Condo owner
- runarlogi - Condo Owner
- IvanLeshev - Plot owner
- Flamehaze97 - Condo owner and Dragon River Whiskey in Cheese Grater Tower Dragon River Whiskey Project cancelled 1-7-2021
- Peashooter856 - Condo owner
- ShadeblastHere - Condo owner
- CheesieMC - Condo owner
- caisworld - Plot owner
- _kuikuo_ - High Hill builder
- SenatorApple - Condo owner
- T4rTar ( pyruhh) - Plot owner
- bucketsofwasps - Plot Owner (Wasp & Co.)
- NightSteak9 - NightSteak9's Odds and Ends Museum owner, multiple properties and condos owner
- BlueBlaziken - High Hill builder
- cap2468 - High Hill builder
- ItsOverParty - Condo owner
- Ertum_ - Plot Owner
- Hyperluminous - Plot Owner
- WonkaOil420 - Quad plot owner
- B0420 - Plot Owner
- Vecxin - Plot Owner
- imMemelous - Plot Owner
- AdoreKitten - Suburban district builder / 2 Hour Tower builder
- Backallo - Builder in industrial district
- qGreen - Builder in industrial district
- DanThePilot02 - Harbor View Apartments - floor owner
- jacekkar - Sexy Condos owner
- vindieselGasLLC - Condo owner
- 43eba886699b0 - Condo owner & cathedral builder
- snthy - Condo owner
- E6V - Condo owner / 2 Hour Tower builder
- Xyginator - Ellipse penthouse owner
- snakymen (MEN not MAN)- Ellipse condo owner
- podd - Ellipse condo owner
- aggrievedCanine - clock tower builder
- Ren - Ellipse condo owner
- abamacus - spire builder
- IceAssault - Suburban cottage builder
- ClonLP - Suburban district builder
- MegaAccount12 - Pallet territory builder
- frisout - Swamp bridges & Battersea
- hurstbergm - plot owner
- a8g - High Hill builder
- 2b2tisFull - Newport Tower condo owner - 100th resident!
- Kingserval - Dark Oak District builder
- Flopperboi - Newport Tower condo owne
- Xanpi3000 - Plot owner
- toast__toast - Condo owner
- Luigifan100 - Plot owner
- AndrestheMiner - Plot owner
- KrolLagow - Plot owner
- DB_Frostmine - Fishing village builder
- SadieSadie - Plot Owner
- Txkeykeeper - Condo owner
Here is a nice chart of the districts and some of their notable builds:
|The main district of Newport, the place where most of the skyscrapers are located.|
A 1:1 replica of 122 Leadenhall Street, London. One of the biggest buildings in Newport. More info on its wiki page.
An old building, the crumbling brick is intended. As the name suggests, people can buy an apartment in this buildimg.
Newport XP farm
The offical xp farm in Nepwort, using redstone technique to prevent mob over spawning left by afk.
|A town on the waterfront with wood/clay buildings and docks. The train station is there, as well as the hotel, which has craftbook casino signs on the ground floor; linked to the Boat Routes.|
Newport station in the FRS Network. Often got mistaken as unfinished, still haven't install a ticket seller.
This is a directory of the 47 story skyscraper with 120+ units. One of the first town projects of Nepwort. With the effort of many people, it was finished in a week.
|Newport Harbor Hotel & Casino||snakyman, AlphaAlex115||The Newport Harbor Hotel and Casino! This place has a lot of hotel rooms upstairs, and a bar & functioning casino signs placed by an admin on the ground floor.|
|Darkerfly's Evil mountain lair from the first days of the city, turned into a district with Darkerfly's agreement. It is on an extreme hills biome with a medieval style mixed with orient style building.|
Rules board building
First build in High Hill, built by Darkerfly, originally thought to be a small hotel, but it became what it is like today, the High Hill district hall, with a map of High Hill, and the building rules of the district.
Second build in High Hill, also built by Darkerfly, the tower stands on the hill behind the rules board building; provides a 30 level enchantment table and the view of Newport(but you can't see shit cause the server render distance is so ass). The tower has an Orient-style roof, which symbolizes the organic yet diverse building style in High Hill.
Little big tower. Built in one hour to but took three days to design. It exists cause Darkerfly want a tower by the riverside.
Industrial (main page: Newport Industrial District)
|Here you can find all sorts of automatic and manual farms.|
Newport Tree Farm
The Legendary "Free wood farm," yes it's really free, providing all types of wood to Newport citizens.
Newport Stone Farm 2.0
|Built by Martin19_12, currently plan on repurposing|
Church (Disritct Hall)
AVE MARIA! That what you need to shout near this building. Inside the building you will see a basic introduction of New Bielefeld and its building rules.
|Swamp biome around Newport, separated into three parts, North, West and South. Atm it only has buildings made by IconPippi|
Spiral. Originally are located at place near IconPippi's witch farm but later got relocated at Nepwort with the power of god.
A mountain park in the Suburban area, its natural terrain was kept and renewed as a park. Unfinished at the moment.
|If you want to build a dick in the city, just build it here.|
Penis, Penis everywhere
|Buildings that are not really in a district.|
Island with a spawner. Builders of Newport can build small structures on it. Settled on the first day of Newport, when people were running out of food from terraforming the land, Darkerfly got a spawner from hourly gift. To solve the food issue, Darkerfly placed down the spawner on an island close to the terraforming location and it became Spawner Island.
** Battersea District & Dark Oak District have not yet been added
Newport Metropolitan Area
The city has sparked various builds and settlements outside of the main city area that are dependent on Newport and its Nexus. Generally players who live here like to help with builds within the city and infrastructure in/around it as well. Many of these areas were made during the June 2020 expansion, and the only link to their area was a road or nether road from Newport. They generally have good infrastructure connections to the city. Some of these settlements include:
- ' frisout's Lovely Area' & mountain
- SanityBGon's Mountian
- Mechman007's Mech's Land of Hed Art & North O' Newport PVP Arena
- ONTHEFLU$$ City
- LaurenPhillips Wheat View Hill
- Sandy Bay
- Project Eros
- Probably other shit i forgot about
Areas formerly dependent on Newport Nexus
Note: PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do not build something near the city without asking us first please thank you
Here are some pictures of newport:
The skyscraper area from the harbor - Cover art made by imMemelous
A time lapse from overviewer from 2020-06 to 2022-06.
Gimli016 now i can brag with my firends of being part of minecraft slave labor
This is a list of everyone that "willingly helped" terraform, build roads, and dig out the city in its early days:
- silletcejorp AKA ManiaBuizel
These people cannot be thanked enough because it is really hard to start such a massive project and give it momentum without lots of people in the beginning.
Comments on Newport
*leave your comments here.
-2020 map expansion, snakyman went out to the wild and chose a spot by the river, and start asking for help to set up a new city in the new land.
-high hill creation - darker built a house nearby while snakyman was planning newport
-earliest known mention of the word "district" by snakyman, will treat as birth of newport(terraform start) - 05/21/2020
-newport discord created - 06/02/2020
-New Bielefeld created(martin joinee) - 06/02/2020
-let's not talk about Penis Precinct - 06/04/2020
-"Newport" mentioned - 6/06/2020
-Industrial District created(DorpEngineer join) - 06/17/2020
-Suburban area created - 08/28/2020
-DorpEngineer was slapped by the banslapper - 09/09/2020
-earliest known mention of Swamp District - 11/12/2020
-IconPippi was poked by the banstick - 03/24/2021
Map (WIP SECTION)