The skyscraper area from the harbor - Cover art made by imMemelous
|Contributors|| Darkerfly |
Welcome to Newport! Newport is a large city founded by snakyman that is located in the June 2020 southwest expansion. Originally known as Project 42, the city was founded by the day after the expansion. The plan was to create the largest city in Freedonia, with the help of many people controlling their own district. It is a part of the USF. Despite being very far out in the map, there is a canal there and it is accessible via the Newport Route. You can get here through nexus light blue (southwest) 1, as well as, Newport Highway from HyperRoute 15 and Ellandria. From Jibtopia along HyperRoute 10 and ChivalricCode's Loop Road. There are residential zones, and an industrial zone with many farms - read more below.
Darkerfly telling you why you should join Newport
Darkerfly: I myself joined Newport purely because I wanted snaky's head, but I stayed cause I can see the potential of Newport, allowing players to express their creativity and being the center hub of new players that live in the new expansion, unlike the majority of the city on mco, you can see Newport having each players uniqueness on their buildings and the identical building style of each district, showing what is lacking from other cities, the power of a group and the people's own creativity, with that I believe we can achieve something beautiful. Together with the crew we have, I do believe we can make Newport the greatest city in mco. And I am here to ask you to help us achieve the goal together.
< DorpEngineer> is darker running for mayor
This is a list of people who have built something in the town, or purchased a condo or house, and what they built.
- snakyman - Mayor, built many things in the town and planned it.
- AlphaAlex115 - Penis Tower builder
- smaugthegreat107 - Woodbury Condos builder
- bcMineOut - Penis Tower
- stanchristiaan - Universal Condos
- Anna_28 - Chicken shop
- NightIsLight06 - Condo owner
- Martin19_12 - New Bielefeld builder
- upha - Condo owner
- 6stooges - Condo owner
- Raflamar - Plot & condo owner
- Frosty_Diamonds - Plot owner
- Faraday1056 - Condo owner
- Slime_tiger - Salami & Penis Precinct
- Freskooo - Plot owner
- TheZebuQueen - Condo owner
- DorpEngineer - Industrial district owner, builder
- raze97 - Builder in many districts
- aliensexist69 - Strip club builder
- Darkerfly - High hill district owner
- TheHardNar - Condo owner
- Void42_ - Plot builder
- r9q - General town staff, Help with many skyscrapers
- Jaws18301 - Condo owner & helper
- Cwoxony - High Hill builder
- OddestUnder - Condo owner
- xDrdrs76 - Condo owner
- BaldObama - Condo owner
- Fireandice50 - Condo owner
- Beeraeka - Condo Owner
- ChivalricCode - High Hill Builder
- HY_Turkic - Plot Owner
- Aziroeth - High Hill builder
- Dexus_2010 - High Hill builder
- IconPippi - Swamp district leader, Spiral Tower builder, planned and contributed to the Cheese Grater
- KadenNinja - High Hill builder
- clyler2 - High Hill builder
- TheDemetri - house moved from Verico
- Becsultan - Luxury Apartments quad plot owner
- Hazard_The_Great - plot owner
- HDiddy1982 - condo owner
- Mechman007 - condo owner
- Behrologist - condo owner
- 4untochrist - High hill builder
- SanityBGon - Condo owner and builder
- ShiaLaBeouf666 - Condo owner
- Otis_Wong - Condo owner
- Leah_Starcraft - Condo owner
- TTuge - Condo owner
- BrostrodYT - Condo owner
- Xanax_Dealer - Condo owner
- doggo_swimmer19 - High Hill Builder
- Datasnake_ - Condo owner
- Victorrasetti - Condo owner
- StarMarine201722 - Condo owner
- runarlogi - Condo Owner
- IvanLeshev - Plot owner
- Flamehaze97 - Condo owner and Dragon River Whiskey in Cheese Grater Tower Dragon River Whiskey Project cancelled 1-7-2021
- Peashooter856 - Condo owner
- TheGunFreak - Condo owner
- CheesieMC - Condo owner
- caisworld - Plot owner
- _kuikuo_ - High Hill builder
- Appleheadfr - Condo owner
- T4rTar ( pyruhh) - Plot owner
- bucketsofwasps - Plot Owner (GLOCK Weaponry Co.)
- NightSteak9 - Condo owner
- BlueBlaziken - High Hill builder
- cap2468 - High Hill builder
- ItsOverParty - Condo owner
- Ertum_ - Plot Owner
- Hyperluminous - Plot Owner
- B0420 - Plot Owner
- Vecxin - Plot Owner
- imMemelous - Plot Owner
Newport City staff by order of promotion
- snakyman - Mayor
- Darkerfly - High Hill
- Martin19_12 - New Bielefeld
- DorpEngineer - Industrial
- r9q - General staff
- IconPippi - Swamp district
- Becsultan - General staff
|The main district of Newport, the place where most of the skyscrapers are located.|
A 1:1 replica of 122 Leadenhall Street, London. One of the biggest buildings in Newport. More info on its wiki page.
An old building, the crumbling brick is intended. As the name suggests, people can buy an apartment in this buildimg.
Newport XP farm
The offical xp farm in Nepwort, using redstone technique to prevent mob over spawning left by afk.
|A town on the waterfront with wood/clay buildings and docks. The train station is there, as well as the hotel, which has craftbook casino signs on the ground floor; linked to the Boat Routes.|
Newport station in the FRS Network. Often got mistaken as unfinished, still haven't install a ticket seller.
This is a directory of the 47 story skyscraper with 120+ units. One of the first town projects of Nepwort. With the effort of many people, it was finished in a week.
|Newport Harbor Hotel & Casino||snakyman, AlphaAlex115||The Newport Harbor Hotel and Casino! This place has a lot of hotel rooms upstairs, and a bar & functioning casino signs placed by an admin on the ground floor.|
|Darkerfly's Evil mountain lair from the first days of the city, turned into a district with Darkerfly's agreement. It is on an extreme hills biome with a medieval style mixed with orient style building.|
Rules board building
First build in High Hill, built by Darkerfly, originally thought to be a small hotel, but it became what it is like today, the High Hill district hall, with a map of High Hill, and the building rules of the district.
Second build in High Hill, also built by Darkerfly, the tower stands on the hill behind the rules board building; provides a 30 level enchantment table and the view of Newport(but you can't see shit cause the server render distance is so ass). The tower has an Orient-style roof, which symbolizes the organic yet diverse building style in High Hill.
Little big tower. Built in one hour to but took three days to design. It exists cause Darkerfly want a tower by the riverside.
|Here you can find all sorts of automatic and manual farms.|
Newport Tree Farm
The Legendary "Free wood farm," yes it's really free, providing oak, spruce and birch logs to Newport citizens.
Newport Stone Farm 2.0
|Built by Martin19_12, currently plan on repurposing|
Church (Disritct Hall)
AVE MARIA! That what you need to shout near this building. Inside the building you will see a basic introduction of New Bielefeld and its building rules.
|Swamp biome around Newport, separate into three part, North, West and South. Atm it only have buildings made by IconPippi|
Spiral. Originally are located at place near IconPippi's witch farm but later got relocated at Nepwort with the power of god.
A mountain park in the Suburban area, its natural terrain was kept and renewed as a park. Unfinished at the moment.
|If you want to build a dick in the city, just build it here.|
Penis, Penis everywhere
|Buildings were not defined to belong to which district.|
Island with a spawner. Builders of Newport can build small structures on it. Settled on the first day of Newport, when people were running out of food from terraforming the land, Darkerfly got a spawner from hourly gift. To solve the food issue, Darkerfly placed down the spawner on an island close to the terraforming location and it became Spawner Island.
Here are some pictures of newport:
Gimli016 now i can brag with my firends of being part of minecraft slave labor
This is a list of everyone that "willingly helped" terraform, build roads, and dig out the city in its early days:
- silletcejorp AKA ManiaBuizel
Major events in newport history
-2020 map expansion, snakyman went out to the wild and chose a spot by the river, and start asking for help to set up a new city in the new land.
-high hill creation - presumably before the concept of a new city was born
-earliest known mention of the word "district" by snakyman, will treat as birth of newport(terraform start) - 05/21/2020
-newport discord created - 06/02/2020
-New Bielefeld created(martin join) - 06/02/2020
-let's not talk about Penis Precinct - 06/04/2020
-"Newport" mentioned - 6/06/2020
-Industrial District created(DorpEngineer join) - 06/17/2020
-Suburban area created - 08/28/2020
-DorpEngineer was slapped by the banslapper - 09/09/2020
-earliest known mention of Swamp District - 11/12/2020
-IconPippi was poked by the banstick - 03/24/2021
- On the 11th of August 2020, a huge lag issue occur at Newport where players are barely able to move in certain chunks where fps drop to extremely low and almost freeze the player movement. Admin尸 investigates the problem by trying to remove the Tree farm and even the river but nothing has worked. Therefore the name of Lagport was born.
< Drdrs> Petition to rename Newport to Lagport
- The fps drop issue was fixed on the 17th of August, the reason was discovered that the lava drop in SanityBGon's tower accidentally worked as a lag machine which caused the whole lagport thing. And when the lava drop was removed the lag has disappeared and Newport turns back to normal. Even though the issue has long gone the name Lagport and still being joke around by players when they face lag in Newport.
- 2021/02/15: Newport was mass addition griefed, by a unknown player using over 3000 cobblestone and scaffold hacks. The grief was discovered the next day. The griefer could not be identified at first, but later, Ted1246 checked the grief logs and banned Sigmay for griefing. This ban was quickly reverted, as it was found to be a mistake. SurvivorDan2019 was later found responsible for the mass cobblestone grief and was banned by The_Jackal_249. This was one of the biggest griefs on MCO, however, when Admins appeared, all the cobblestone was removed and the whole city restored.
< snakyman> This grief was nothing compared to what snakyman had to deal with in Snaketown and New Snak City.
< Darkerfly> sure grandpa let's get you to bed